DOI INTHANON ELEPHANT SANCTUARY
Discover our Ethical Elephant Sanctuary in Chiang Mai. Here, we care for elephants in a kind and eco-friendly way.
In the beautiful area near Chiang Mai, you’ll find our Ethical Elephant Sanctuary. This special place is all about taking good care of elephants. We don’t believe in making them do things like elephant rides. Instead, we make sure they’re happy and healthy, just like members of our own family.
The sanctuary was started by Taksin. He grew up in a hill tribe village not too far from Chiang Mai. He learned a lot from his family about living with nature. At our sanctuary, he uses this knowledge along with new ways to look after elephants. It’s a mix of old traditions and new ideas that helps us take the best care of our elephants.
Being eco-friendly is really important to us. It means we do everything in a way that’s good for the environment. This helps keep our elephants and their surroundings safe and clean. We want to live in harmony with nature, just like the forests and rivers around Chiang Mai.
We also think it’s important to remember and share the history of elephants in our area. Our sanctuary is not just a safe place for elephants. It’s also where we show how much we value the bond between the local community in Chiang Mai and these wonderful animals. We want to make sure people understand why treating elephants kindly is so important.
Our Ethical Elephant Sanctuary near Chiang Mai is a place of hope. It shows that people and elephants can live together in a caring and respectful way. We’re proud to be a part of this ethical approach to elephant care.
Private Minimun 2 pax
1) Packages A-G include free pick-up and drop-back service if your accommodation is within the city.
2) If your accommodation is located far outside the city, there will be a transport charge.
3) The transport fee depends on the distance from the old city.
4) Please note that cancellations and refunds are not allowed.
5) If you need to change the date, kindly inform us at least one week in advance.
6) For cash payments, please pay your guide or driver during pick-up.
7) Doiinthanon Elephant Sanctuary and Doiinthanon Elephant Park are the same place.