Tour G – Two Days One Night Doi Inthanon National Park & Elephant Care
This is a private tour (minimum of 2 persons required), but at some points, such as the elephant village, you may have to partake in activities with people from other tours.
- Mae Ya and Wachiratan waterfalls
- Trekking to Pha Dok Siew and Rak Jung waterfalls
- Picnic lunch
- Visit Phra Mahathat Chedi Nophamethanidol and Phra Mahathat Noppholbhumisiri
- Cook local food in jungle camp
- Feed/play with elephants including baby elephant
- Mud spa with elephants
- Free photographs (shared on Facebook)
Starting this two day tour, you will be picked up from your hotel at approximately 7:30 – 8:00am by either car or minivan (both new with AC). You will start the day with a splash by heading to the biggest and most beautiful waterfalls, Wachiratan and Mae Ya, in the lush Doi Inthanon park. Mae Ya waterfall is considered the most beautiful waterfall in the whole of Doi Inthanon National Park. After, you will trek 1.30 hour through the peaceful jungle, passing by the stunning Pha Dok Siew waterfall, from a Karen Hill tribe village to Rak Jung waterfall. There we’ll enjoy a delicious picnic for lunch.
After lunch, we’ll drive to Phra Mahathat Chedi Nophamethanidol and Phra Mahathat Noppholbhumisiri, and then visit the hill tribe local market to buy fresh and local ingredients to cook at night, which will be cooked at a jungle camp, where you will spend the night immersed in nature.
On the second day, breakfast will be provided and then you will be driven to the elephant park, where you will be greeted by local Karen hill tribe guides, who will provide you with traditional hill tribe clothing, and also some fruit and vegetables to feed the elephants. You’ll be able to get up close to our elephants in the forest and feed them sugarcane and fresh greenery.
For lunch, you’ll be able to enjoy a buffet of home cooked food as you take in the views of the elephant sanctuary.
After lunch you will have the opportunity to take the elephants to indulge in a mud spa, which is good for their skin and helps them to regulate their body temperature.
You will then be dropped off back at your accommodation at approximately 5:30pm.
Throughout the whole tour we will be taking many photos with a professional camera, which will be shared for free, so that you can fully focus on enjoying your time with the elephants.
- We’ll pick you up from your accommodations between 7.30 – 8.00am by either car or minivan (new with AC)
- We’ll start they day with a splash by heading to the biggest and most beautiful waterfalls (Wachiratan and Mae Ya) in the lush Doi Inthanon park
- Trek 1.30 hour through the peaceful jungle from a Karen Hill tribe village to Rak Jung waterfall via Pha Dok Siew waterfall. There we’ll enjoy a delicious picnic for lunch
- In the afternoon, we’ll drive to Phra Mahathat Chedi Nophamethanidol and Phra Mahathat Noppholbhumisiri
- Visit the hill tribe local market to buy fresh and local ingredients to cook at night
- We’ll spend the night at a jungle camp and be immersed in nature
- After breakfast drive to the elephant camp. Our team of local Karen guides will welcome you and tell you about our elephants and how we care for them
- We provide traditional Karen clothes for you to change into
- You’ll be able to get up close to our elephants in the forest and feed them sugarcane and fresh greenery
- For lunch, you’ll be able to enjoy a buffet of home- cooked food as you take in the views of the elephant sanctuary
- In the afternoon we’ll help give the elephants a mud bath
- We’ll drop you off at accommodation around 5:30pm
What to bring:
- Change of clothes (you may wish to bring a hoodie or jumper as it is cooler up in the mountains where the park is located)
- Shoes suitable for hiking and climbing
- Long trousers for trekking
- Sleeping bag (optional)
- Small rucksack with overnight items (toothbrush, toothpaste etc.)
- Mosquito spray
- Toilet/changing facilities
- Meals (please make us aware of any dietary requirements beforehand)
- Drinking water (free at elephant park and available to purchase at camp)
- Free photos of your experience with the elephants
- Blankets provided at camp but you may wish to bring a sleeping bag as well