Tour E – One Day (Half day Elephant Care + 1hr Trekking + Waterfall + Bamboo rafting)
This tour is not suitable for young children
The trek is suitable for beginners
- Play with and feed elephants
- Wash/bathe elephants
- Buffet lunch
- Trek through jungle to waterfalls for swimming
- Bamboo rafting
- Spend time in Karen hill tribe village
- Free photographs
For this tour you will be picked up from your hotel at approximately 7:30 – 8:00am to drive for roughly one and a half hours to the elephant park located at Doi Inthanon National Park. On arrival you will be greeted by members of the Karen Hill Tribe, who will give you traditional clothes to wear. You will also be provided with fruit and vegetables to feed the elephants, whilst you can also play and interact with them. Later on you will walk with the elephants down to the river where you can swim and bathe with the elephants.
A buffet consisting of freshly prepared, local home cooked food is provided.
After lunch, you will walk to the waterfall where you can swim and relax for around an hour and a half. You will then be picked up and taken to the bamboo rafting site, where you will have an unforgettable experience rafting down the river on bamboo, down rapids, past local spots, jumping from rocks or playing on swings. We will then drive you to meet your local hill tribe guide, who will take you on your trek to Rak Jung waterfall, through the jungle and small local farms on the hillside. Learn about different plants and trees. Finish your trek in the Karen hill tribe village with a cup of freshly ground locally grown coffee.
You will be dropped off at your accommodation in Chiang Mai at approximately 5:30pm.
Throughout the whole tour we will be taking many photos with a professional camera, which will be shared for free, so that you can fully focus on enjoying your time with the elephants.
This tour consists of:
- Pick up from your hotel between 7.30 – 8.00 A.M. (drive to the Elephant Park takes apx. 1hr 30mins)
- You will be greeted by members of the Karen hill tribe and given some traditional clothing to wear
- You will be given a bag of fruit and vegetables to feed the elephants with
- You can feed the elephants, interact and play with them
- Walk the elephants down to the river where you can swim with them and help bathe them
- We provide a delicious buffet of freshly prepared home cooked food
- After lunch, we will take a walk to the waterfall and swimming (about 1.30 minutes)
- We will drop you off at the site to do bamboo rafting. Have an unforgettable experience rafting down the river on bamboo, down rapids, passed local spots, jump from rocks or play on swings
- We will then drive you to meet your local hill tribe guide, who will take you on your trek to Rak Jung waterfall, through the jungle and small local farms on the hillside. Learn about different plants and trees. Finish your trek in the Karen hill tribe village with a cup of freshly ground locally grown coffee
- We will pick you up and take you back to your accommodation in Chiang Mai. You will arrive back at apx. 5pm
What to bring:
- Shoes suitable for walking and climbing
- Mosquito spray
- Toilet/Changing facilities available
- Lunch (please make us aware of any dietary requirements beforehand)
- Drinking water
- Local guide
- Free photos of your experience at the elephant park