Tour D – Two Days One Night Trek and Elephant Care
This tour is not suitable for young children.
- Play with and feed elephants
- Wash/bathe elephants
- Buffet lunch both days
- Hiking through rice fields and orchards to waterfalls and jungle beach
- Spend the night in jungle camp
- Bamboo rafting
- Free photographs
For this two day tour you will be picked up from your hotel at approximately 8:00 – 8:30am to drive for roughly one and a half hours to the elephant park located at Doi Inthanon National Park. On arrival you will be greeted by members of the Karen Hill Tribe, who will give you traditional clothes to wear. You will also be provided with fruit and vegetables to feed the elephants, whilst you can also play and interact with them. A buffet consisting of freshly prepared, local home cooked food is provided for lunch. After lunch you will have the opportunity to take the elephants to indulge in a mud spa, which is good for their skin and helps them to regulate their body temperature, and then walk with the elephants down to the river where you can swim and bathe with the elephants. Towards the end of the day you will feed the elephants again (they should eat one third of their body weight every day) and have the chance to take some photos and say goodbye.
You will then be picked up from the elephant park and taken to a local hill tribe guide, who will take you on a scenic hike up hills, through rice fields and through the passion fruit orchard at the back of the camp. Whilst at the camp you can help to prepare the evening’s meal on an open fire in the traditional kitchen in the bamboo house where you will stay for the night.
On the second day of the tour breakfast is provided at around 9:00am, and then your guide will take you for a trek to a jungle beach and to see beautiful waterfalls. You can go for a swim and relax, then hike to another local hill tribe village. You will be picked up from this village and taken for lunch (included in price) before being dropped off at the bamboo rafting site, where you will have an unforgettable experience rafting down the river on bamboo, down rapids, past local spots, jumping from rocks or playing on swings.
You will be dropped off at your accommodation in Chiang Mai at approximately 5:30pm.
Throughout the whole tour we will be taking many photos with a professional camera, which will be shared for free, so that you can fully focus on enjoying your time with the elephants.
- Pick-up from your accommodation between apx. 8:00am-8:30am
- You will be greeted by members of the Karen hill tribe and given traditional clothing to wear
- You will be given fruit and vegetables to feed the elephants with
- After feeding the elephants you will take them for a walk through the forest
- You will then go for lunch where we provide you with a delicious buffet of freshly prepared home cooked food
- After lunch, take the elephants to indulge in a mud spa which is good for their skin and helps them to regulate their body temperature
- You will then walk the elephants down to the river where you can swim with them and help them bathe
- Feed the elephants again (they have to eat a third of their body weight), hug, kiss, take some photos and say goodbye
- We will pick you up from the elephant park and drive you to meet your local hill tribe guide
- Your guide will take you on a scenic hike up hills, through rice fields and through the passion fruit orchard at the back of the camp
- Help cook dinner on the open fire of the traditional kitchen in the bamboo house where you will stay for the night
- 9:00-9:30am we will provide breakfast, and then your guide will take you for a trek to a jungle beach and to see beautiful waterfalls. You can go for a swim and relax, then hike to another local hill tribe village
- We will pick you up from the village and stop for lunch (included in the price) before dropping you off at the site to do bamboo rafting
- Have an unforgettable experience rafting down the river on bamboo, down rapids, passed local spots, jump from rocks or play on swings
- We will pick you up and take you back to your accommodation in Chiang Mai. You will arrive back at apx. 5pm
WHAT TO BRING:
- Change of clothes (you may wish to bring a hoodie or jumper as it is cooler up in the mountains where the park is located)
- Shoes suitable for hiking and climbing
- Long trousers for trekking
- Sleeping bag (optional)
- Small rucksack with overnight items (toothbrush, toothpaste etc.)
- Mosquito spray
- Toilet/changing facilities
- Meals (please make us aware of any dietary requirements beforehand)
- Drinking water (free at elephant park and available to purchase at camp)
- Free photos of your experience with the elephants
- Blankets provided at camp but you may wish to bring a sleeping bag as well