Tour D – Two Day one night Trek and Elephant Care
This tour is not suitable for young children.
- Pick-up from your accommodation between apx. 8:00am-8:30am
- You will be greeted by members of the Karen hill tribe and given traditional clothing to wear.
- You will be given fruit and vegetables to feed the elephants with.
- After feeding the elephants you will take them for a walk through the forest.
- You will then go for lunch where we provide you with a delicious buffet of freshly prepared home cooked food.
- After lunch, take the elephants to indulge in a mud spa which is good for their skin and helps them to regulate their body temperature.
- You will then walk the elephants down to the river where you can swim with them and help them bathe.
- Feed the elephants again (they have to eat a third of their body weight), hug, kiss, take some photos and say goodbye.
- We will pick you up from the elephant park and drive you to meet your local hill tribe guide.
- Your guide will take you on a scenic hike up hills, through rice fields and through the passionfruit orchard at the back of the camp.
- Help cook dinner on the open fire of the traditional kitchen in the bamboo house where you will stay for the night.
- 9:00-9:30am we will provide breakfast, and then your guide will take you for a trek to a jungle beach and to see beautiful waterfalls. You can go for a swim and relax, then hike to another local hill tribe village.
- We will pick you up from the village and stop for lunch (included in the price) before dropping you off at the site to do bamboo rafting.
- Have an unforgettable experience rafting down the river on bamboo, down rapids, passed local spots, jump from rocks or play on swings.
- We will pick you up and take you back to your accommodation in Chiang Mai. You will arrive back at apx. 5pm
What to bring:
- Change of clothes (you may wish to bring a hoodie or jumper as it is cooler up in the mountains where the park is located).
- Shoes suitable for hiking and climbing.
- Long trousers for trekking.
- Sleeping bag (optional).
- Small rucksack with overnight items (toothbrush, toothpaste etc.)
- Mosquito spray.
- Toilet/changing facilities.
- Meals (please make us aware of any dietary requirements beforehand).
- Drinking water (free at elephant park and available to purchase at camp).
- Free photos of your experience with the elephants.
- Blankets provided at camp but you may wish to bring a sleeping bag as well.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.