Tour C – One Day Doi inthanon National Park & Elephant Care
One Day Doi inthanon Park & Elephant Care
This tour is not suitable for young children.
The trek is suitable for beginners.
This tour consists of:
- Pick up from your accommodation between 7:00am – 7:30am (drive to the elephant park takes apx. 1hr 30mins).
- You will be greeted by members of the Karen hill tribe and given some traditional clothing to wear.
- You will be given a bag of fruit and vegetables to feed the elephants with.
- You can feed the elephants, interact and play with them.
- Walk the elephants down to the river where you can swim with them and help bathe them.
- We provide a delicious buffet of freshly prepared home cooked food.
- We will pick you up from the elephant park and drive you up the mountain so that you can visit the highest point in Thailand.
- Visit the King and Queen’s pagodas which have very beautiful views and pleasant gardens.
- We will then drive you to meet your local hill tribe guide, who will take you on your trek to Rak Jung waterfall, through the jungle and small local farms on the hillside. Learn about different plants and trees. Finish your trek in the Karen hill tribe village with a cup of freshly ground locally grown coffee.
- We will pick you up from the village and take you to Wachirathan waterfall en route back to Chiang Mai. You will arrive back in Chiang Mai at apx. 6:30pm
What to bring:
- A Change of clothes (you may wish to bring a hoodie, jumper or rain coat as it is much cooler in the mountains).
- Shoes suitable for walking and climbing.
- Mosquito spray.
- Toilet/Changing facilities available.
- Lunch (please make us aware of any dietary requirements beforehand).
- Drinking water.
- Local guide.
- Free photos of your experience at the elephant park.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.